Pages

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Self financing / Self distributing

Wrists was made by me - John Bradburn - with a crew of 2 for £1700. Shot over 7 days taking into account a lot of what was learnt on the 72 Hour Movie challenge that I photographed in 2007.

I am interested in the idea of this being a small film for a small audience. Slightly dreamy and ambient the film works in a similar style to Tarkovsky, Grandrieux or Kelemen. So the question is how do I get this film to people to watch it?

Festivals yes but they are also expensive. Anywhere outside of the UK will be festival territory. Inside the UK I am trying to find pubs, screens and indie cinemas to show the film in. I'll turn up and run a Q & A afterwards and sell some DVDs (fingers crossed).

This is a small film and so it's screenings should be small intimate things. Like pub gigs or spoken word shows. Why does film have to be massive or fill a cinema? Film can be small and inexpensive and intimate - we should push for it to be even more so.

If you are interested get in touch at j.p.bradburn@googlemail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment